General Campus Policies and Procedures

56 Student Expenses

Foreign Nationals 

An individual who is not a United States national may become eligible for classification as an Oklahoma resident provided that he/she hold lawful permanent residence status as defined by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), evidenced by whatever documents may be required under applicable federal law, who has resided in Oklahoma for at least 12 consecutive months, and who meets other applicable criteria for establishment of domicile as set forth by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy.

In accordance with Senate Bill 596 of the 2003 Oklahoma legislature (70 O.S., Section 3242), an individual who is not a United States national and has not obtained lawful permanent residence status with the USCIS but who has graduated from a public or private high school in Oklahoma or successfully completed the General Education Development (GED) exam may be eligible for enrollment, resident tuition, and state student financial aid if he/she meets the following criteria:

  1. Resided in the state with a parent or legal guardian for at least the two years prior to graduation from high school or successful completion of the GED;
  2. Satisfied admission standards for the institution; and
  3. Either holds a valid temporary visa or has filed an affidavit with the institution stating that he/she has done one of the following with the USCIS toward legalizing their immigration status: a) filed an application; b) has a petition pending; or
  4. c) will file an application as soon as he/she is eligible to do


General Fee Refund Guidelines 

The following refund policy applies to refunds of general fees when a student withdraws from college:

During the first two weeks of class days of a regular semester or during the first two class days of a summer term during the first class day of an intercession 100%; thereafter No Refund. After the enrollment adjustment period of a regular semester (or summer term), no adjustments will be made in general fees for students continuing in college. All fees and other obligations must be paid before semester grades or transcripts can be issued. RECIPIENTS OF FINANCIAL AID: Withdrawal from courses or college may cause a refund or repayment to be owed to the financial aid programs you are receiving. In addition, withdrawal from courses or college may affect future eligibility for financial aid. Refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress Guidelines printed in the College catalog. Note: All fees are subject to change. Check with the business office or the MSC Website for current information.


Military Personnel 

A student attending an institution while on full-time active duty in the armed forces is considered as having a temporary residence in the state in which he/she is attending school; therefore, a student neither gains nor loses residence status solely by such military service. Members of the armed serviced stationed in Oklahoma, their spouses and dependent children shall be admitted without the payment of nonresident tuition and without the 12-month domiciliary requirement, so long as they continue to be stationed in the state in full-time military service and under military orders. Dependent children of military personnel that establish residency as described in Section II of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policy shall maintain residence status if their parents are subsequently stationed out-of-state. Dependents of military personnel who have not established residency according to policy may maintain non-resident waiver status if their parents are subsequently stationed out-of-state. A student who is in doubt about residence should discuss his/her situation with the Registrar. Conversely, the College may initiate a check of an individual student’s residence status.


Student’s Residence 

A student’s residence status is determined by the policy on student residency promulgated by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. A resident of Oklahoma is one who has lived continuously in Oklahoma for at least 12 continuous months’ duration and whose domicile is in Oklahoma. A person’s domicile is his/her true, fixed, permanent home or habitation. The legal residence of a dependent person is that of his/her parent(s), or legally appointed guardian, or anyone else with whom he/she habitually resides, in the absence of a formal legal assignation.


Tuition and Fee Cost 

Consult the most current version of the MSC Website for current tuition and fee information.

* Fees are subject to State Regents’ policy.


Murray State College Student Handbook 2023-2024 Copyright © 2023 by Murray State College Academic and Student Affairs. All Rights Reserved.