Book Contents Navigation
How to Use this Book
1. Academic Integrity: Introduction
2. Academic Integrity Values: Honesty and Trust
3. Academic Integrity Values: Fairness and Respect
4. Academic Integrity Values: Responsibility and Courage
5. Academic Integrity Policy & Procedures
6. Academic Integrity Violations: Resolution and Penalties
7. Part One Recap and Quiz
8. Plagiarism Defined
9. Misrepresentation: Contract Cheating
10. Misrepresentation: Collusion
11. Misrepresentation: Copying and Pasting
12. Misrepresentation: Recycling
13. Misrepresentation: Improper Writing & Citing
14. Plagiarism and Intellectual Output
15. Plagiarism or not?
16. How is Plagiarism Detected?
17. A Few Famous Plagiarism Cases
18. Part Two Recap and Quiz
19. Why we cite
20. What You Need to Cite
21. Common Knowledge
22. Citation Styles
23. Where to cite
24. Placing Your Citations
25. Corresponding References
26. Common Examples of Plagiarism
27. Part Three Recap and Quiz
30. Paraphrasing vs Patchwriting
31. How to Paraphrase
33. Note Taking Skills
Ulrike Kestler and Christina Page
34. Getting Help: Writing Center
35. Getting Help: Other Tutors
36. Getting Help: The Library
37. Part Four Recap and Quiz
39. APA: In-text Citations
40. APA: Book Citation
41. APA: Book Citation – Try it!
42. APA: Article Citation
43. APA: Article Citation – Try it!
44. List of Sources: Webpage Citation
45. MLA: In-text Citations
46. MLA: Book Citation
47. MLA: Book Citation – Try it!
48. MLA: Article Citation
49. MLA: Article Citation – Try it!
50. Chicago: Book Citation
51. Chicago: Book Citation – Try it!
52. Chicago: Article Citation
53. Chicago: Article Citation – Try it!
See if you can identify the elements of a book citation and how they should be written in a bibliographic citation.
Academic Integrity at Tulsa Community College by Tulsa Community College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.